May 23, 2007

My First Meme

Mum just tagged me in my first meme... here goes!


Here are the rules:
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


Eight Random Facts About ME:

1. I'm semi-ambidextrous. I write with my left hand, although I can write legibly with my right hand as well. Sometimes I use a computer mouse with my right hand, sometimes with my left. I crochet left-handed, but knit right-handed. I can play pool either way, which comes in kinda handy :-)

2. My freshman year of college, I was attending an Auburn baseball game, and was hit on the head by a line drive. This resulted in a hematoma, and I had to be hospitalized over night in Columbus, GA (the closest hospital with a neurosurgeon)! Since I was so far away from home (25 hr drive from school to my parents' house in CO), several of my friends came and spent the night in the hospital room with me. Except for the IV, black eye, incredibly swollen face, and monster of a headache, it was sort of like a big slumber party!

3. I was homeschooled from 2nd grade through my senior year of high school. I loved it, and would like to homeschool my own kids someday.

4. I have taught three guys how to knit, and one girl. The guys are more fun, because they make funny facial expressions when trying to get their fingers to do what they're supposed to... they also have a tendency to come up with special, "masculine" knitting vocabularies. My friend Nick refers to knitting needles as "spears" and crochet hooks as "harpoons." He also refers to yarn as "knitting cloth." He's also a very good knitter (as are my other protégé).

5. I modeled for a book cover once, as a favor for a family friend who is a professional artist. My character was a WWII era big band singer- how cool is that?

6. I have a Cabbage Patch doll named Ileen, who I've had since I was a baby. (In fact, I think my mom got her before I was born.) I still sleep with Ileen every night, even when I travel for engineering conferences and job interviews. Even though I don't really cuddle with her anymore, I still like to know she's in bed with me :-p

7. I have two moles on the side of my neck, which my family calls my "vampire bite."

8. I am... er... slightly particular about things. Ok, in my sister's words, I am "OCD about life." In terms of cleanliness, I can't use someone else's computer without washing my hands, never go barefoot in anyone else's house, can't stand for my pajamas to touch anything besides the inside of my sheets (which, in turn, never touch anything except my pajamas- never street clothes), I always carry hand sanitizer with me, etc. I like things to be even and balanced... so if, for example, someone is cracking their knuckles (which I find highly irritating), it will drive me crazy if they only crack the knuckles on one hand but not the other. I could go on, but Mum said not to say anything that will make me sound too weird ;-)

9. Ok, I'm adding another random fact because I really really hate the number 8. So there's my ninth random fact- I despise a particular number. (Yeah, yeah, I know. I actually talked about this with a psychology professor once; apparently, it's not too uncommon for mathematically-inclined people to have favorite and least-favorite numbers like this. My favorite is 7, in case anyone's wondering.)


So, I guess now I'm suppose to tag some people... since I'm pretty new to the blogging world (at least this blogging world after I abandoned my old blog), I don't have many folks to tag. So how's this- if you want to do the meme, go right ahead- I tag you! :-)

3 comments:

Theresa said...

I wish I could play pool with both hands!

Anonymous said...

The new blog look is neat!

My favorite number is 7 too. When looking for a house/apartment, I have always known which house/apartment I will end up because it has a 7 or the number add up to 7. My least favorite number: 3. :)

My hubby thinks I am OCD too--I like things arranged by size and neatly organized. One day we were moving our tv and the cables were not aligned--the tv has a cable with 5 plugs, one of the plugs was crossing over the other and it drove me crazy and I wasn't happy until they were arranged properly. hehehe, I am weird too :)

Anonymous said...

Jennifer Wilder!! We really must be related. Aside from the Ileen and blankie thing, which side of your neck are the 2 vampire bite moles on?!?!?!?! I have the same vampire bite in moles on the right side of my neck!!! I couldn't believe it when I read that. I thought how wierd, and cool!! How's Kingsport?? I want to get together sometime. Now might not be the best time due to morning sickness...that's right...apparently God thinks I need MORE kids. #3 is due January 2nd. It's crazy. so crazy. Well either send me a xanga message or facebook or myspace if you get a chance!! TTYL, Katie