April 13, 2007

Hogwarts Sock Swap Questionnaire

1. What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into?
Ravenclaw


2. Shoe size?
7 ½ US

3. Foot Length?
9 ½"

4. Foot Circumference?
8 ½"

5. List your three favorite double-point needle brands, including size and length
Mmm... not a lot of experience to draw from here! My favorite set was a gift from Mum, so I don't actually know what brand they are- although I believe they're made of rosewood. They are size 1's, about 5 ½" long. I also have some 6" Plymouth bamboo size 1's, which I like (although haven't used yet).

6. Would you like to try a new brand needle? If so, which brand? Size? Length?
Since I've only used a couple types, definitely! I love wood needles. I would like to try Pony Pearls. Not a huge fan of metal. Based on a couple iPod socks I knit last year, I'm not overly fond of Balene or Crystal Palace either. And I definitely prefer DPN's to circulars.

*edit/ Apparently, the needles I thought were Crystal Palace were actually Brittany. My knitting tension is really high, and I snapped one of the needles- hence my dislike for them. According to Mum, the smaller size Brittany needles have a tendency to be flimsy. Also according to Mum, Crystal Palace needles are great, so I retract the ignorant statement previously posted. /edit*

*addendum/ That reminds me... since I have high tension, size 0's probably wouldn't be best for me. Size 1's (2.25 or 2.5) would be better. /addendum*

7. If you are a RAVENCLAW, do you prefer the colors in the film or the book? Do you have a strong preference?
Although I'm a complete purist when it comes to all things Tolkien, I'm not that picky about Harry Potter. I prefer the film colors, but I would also appreciate the accuracy of the book colors.

8. Are you willing to have an international Hogwarts Sock Pal?
Certainly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I found you through Rebecca's blog (your Mum?).

I am in the Hoggy Sock Swap too--I am a Gryffindor (Gryfknitter).

I love Crystal palace needles--nice finish and they come in short lengths. Brittany's haven't made it to my favorite list--like you, I had a bad experience with them. I bought about 4 (or 5 sets of them) when I first started knitting (2 years ago) the first time I used my size 1s, I had a huge splinter from one of the needles (ouch!) since then, I haven't used them.

Anyways, I babble a lot--just wanted to welcome you to the blogging world :).