May 3, 2007

Almost There!

I just finished my last homework assignment ever!!! (Well, the last assignment in my undergraduate career at least.) Engineering curricula, particularly chemE, tend to have a lot of homework- upwards of 8 hours' worth per day! Needless to say, I am quite thrilled to have finished my last assignment.

Now all I have left is a linear algebra final (easy! but I still need to study) and various administrivia to take care of for Tau Beta Pi (I'm outgoing president). And of course, all the lovely details related to moving- ugh!

Speaking of moving, I have to say how very glad I am to be settling down in one place for a while. Over the past few years, I completed a co-op program, which essentially means that a student interns - at a chemical plant, in my case - every other semester, so that their total work experience adds up to a year. So, for two full years, I moved every semester. Not only that, but I'm also a packrat and slightly more materialistic than I should be, so I have a lot of stuff! Thankfully, my awesome future employer is footing the bill for my move this time, and the deal supposedly includes movers to pack my apartment. Not sure how I feel about that (add "overprotective" and "possessive" to "materialistic" and "packrat,"and you'll understand where I'm coming from :-p ). But it will be nice to not spend 4 straight days packing, too.

I finally have a few pictures to post, but my target bedtime was a couple hours ago so I think I'd better hit the sack. Pictures coming soon, then; probably after my final on Friday.

Jennifer


PS As I was just now thinking about all the things I don't want those movers to touch, my yarn stash crossed my mind! It may be pretty small, but it's precious nonetheless. What if they just stuff my gorgeous skeins and balls into corners of boxes filled with other junk? It might get all unfluffed and smooshed and ugly looking! And what if they leave the cardboard boxes out in the rain or something, and my red merino melts all over my baby blue Regia sock yarn? The horror!

No comments: